Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Real Meaning of Christmas

Having little kids now, I want to make sure that they understand the real meaning of Christmas.  I want to make sure that they understand that Christmas isn't all about presents and Santa.  However, since my little ones are 1 and 2 years-old, this was a challenge.

So this is what I came up with.


My 2 year-old and I made this yesterday.  He helped me make the cake and decorate it.  While we made it, we talked about Jesus, and that we celebrate Christmas because it's his birthday.  I kept everything simple, and I think he really understood; ever since we made the cake he has been singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus".  I think this helped him to understand that Christmas is more then just Santa and presents, but also the birthday of Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment