Monday, January 19, 2015

Froot Loop Bird Feeder

On days that we have nothing planned, and the checking account is looking bleak, I try and find some crafts that we can do by using things I already have around the house.

A couple weeks ago I scored some Froot Loops at Stop and Shop for only $.50 a box. They love it - it's a great way to do something fun and inexpensive, but the kids do eat as much as they can when I turn my back!!  Toddlers are quick!!

My 3 year-old and I talked about what to do, and we came up with an idea to feed the birds.  I decided to take some string from the garage and we could practice threading the Fruit Loops on to it.


I put a little piece of tape at the bottom of the string so it was easier to put the Fruit Loops on the string.


We did pretty good!  It took about a 1/2 hour, and some help from mom, but it was fun.  We practiced counting, and talked about all the different colors.


We then put it in the tree and the backyard and watched the squirrels and birds have an afternoon snack!


It's so great when you can do an activity with things you already have around the house.  Hope I have inspired you to do the same!!  Have Fun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment