Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Coupon with a Toddler

Using coupons in a grocery store takes time, patience and thought.  Finding the coupon, matching it to the correct product and then making sure it rings up correctly really is a job in itself!  However, you throw a toddler into this mix, and it isn't pretty - I know this for a fact!! :)



Here are my Top 5 reasons you can't coupon with a toddler:

1.  You Can't Think!  This may be the most obvious reason, and I really don't think any more explanation is needed! :)

2.  They Throw Coupons.  Toddlers little hands are always busy, and whatever they get their hands on goes flying!  However, if your coupons are flying, it's better then the eggs!

3.  Unwanted Items in the Cart.  When you have a specific budget, and are using specific coupons, it can be frustrating when you get the checkout and find 5 containers of open tic-tacs in the bottom of your cart, and they are always the flavor that your toddler loves!  Whoever decided to put candy by the check-out is an evil genius! :)

4.  5 Minutes Doesn't Cut It.  Since most toddlers have about a 5 minute attention span shopping, couponing and toddlers just isn't a good idea!  Distracting them with goldfish, or crackers might buy you a couple minutes, but it's never long enough!

2 comments:

  1. When I'm with my toddler, I often get so distracted I forget my coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm with my toddler I generally forget everything I need as well as my coupons! :)

    ReplyDelete