Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Paint

Looking for something to do with your little ones on a cold, snowy day?  Why not "paint" snow inside!

My 3 year-old had a blast "painting" snow at our kitchen table yesterday.  What you will need:

Snow
Container to hold the snow (preferable plastic)
Food coloring
Paint brushes

I took a glass baking dish (because my plastic containers were dirty in the sink!), and filled it with snow.  Then I took blue, red and green food coloring, placed the colors in separate bowls and mixed with water. 


My 3 year-old had so much fun sitting as the kitchen table "painting" the snow.  He sat there for about a 1/2 hour painting, mixing the colors and then playing with his hands. 



This was a fun snowy day project that allowed us to stay inside, when all my little guy wanted to do was play outside in the freezing cold! :)  Hope you and your little ones have fun as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment