Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DIY Air Freshener

Living with two children, a husband and a cat, my house can become a little smelly at times!  Air fresheners can be expensive and often times just mask the underlying smell.  So I did some research and experimenting, and came up with an inexpensive and fresh smelling DIY air freshener. 

Here's what you'll need:

1 Mason Jar
1 Cup Baking Soda
Essential Oil of your choice
Gift Bag
1 Toothpick

Take the mason jar and fill with baking soda.  Then add the essential oil of your choice; I used Lemongrass.  Depending on the size of your room and the strength of the sent you want, you can add more or less oil.  I put in 10 drops in my living room, and it adds a fresh sent when I walk in.  I suggest you start with 5 drops and add more if you want.

Once you have your baking soda and essential oil in the mason jar, it's time to decorate!  This is a great way to re-purpose old gift bags!  Take the gift bag and cut out a piece a little larger then the top of the mason jar.  Then place the lid over the bag, and trace the inside of the lid.



Place the paper in the lid, and screw on.  Then take the toothpick, and poke holes through the gift bag.



And there you have it, a great smelling, inexpensive DIY air freshener!!  The baking soda absorbs any smells and the lemongrass essential oil really makes the room smell great!


*I purchase the lemongrass essential oil on Amazon.  Here is the link,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MGSJBY?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000MGSJBY&linkCode=xm2&tag=staathommom06-20


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment